Water is essential for human life, obviously.It makes up about 60% of our body weight and is required for all the vital processes that keep us alive and healthy. Despite this, many people do not drink enough water every day. A recent study showed that on average, people drink 1.6 glasses of water per day. There are many good reasons to make sure you are drinking enough water every day.
Here are just a few of the benefits of staying hydrated:
1. Water Helps to Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Our bodies are made up mostly of water. This means that water plays a vital role in maintaining the balance of fluids in our bodies. If we do not drink enough water, the level of fluid in our bodies can drop too low. This can lead to dehydration, which can have a number of negative effects on our health.
2. Water Helps to Keep Our Body Temperature Regulated. Water is also important for regulating our body temperature. When we exercise or are in a hot environment, our bodies sweat in order to cool down. If we do not replace the lost fluids, our bodies can overheat. This can lead to heat exhaustion or heatstroke, both of which can be very dangerous.
3. Water Helps to Keep Our Joints Lubricated. Joints are the points where two bones meet. They are held together by ligaments and are surrounded by a layer of fluid. This fluid helps to lubricate the joints and allows them to move smoothly. If we do not drink enough water, this fluid can become too thick and sticky, which can lead to joint pain.
4. Water Helps to Flush Out Toxins. Water is also important for flushing out toxins from our bodies. Our bodies produce waste products that need to be eliminated from our system. Water helps to carry these toxins out of our bodies, through our urine and sweat. If we do not drink enough water, these toxins can build up and cause problems.
5. Water Helps to Boost Our Energy Levels. Many people believe that drinking water can help to boost our energy levels. This is because water is essential for our cells to function properly. Cells that are properly hydrated are able to work more efficiently. This can lead to increased energy levels and improved performance.
6. Water Helps to Aid Digestion. Water is also important for aiding digestion. Our bodies need water to break down food and absorb nutrients. If we do not drink enough water, our digestive system can become sluggish and inefficient. This can lead to problems such as constipation.
7. Water Helps to Prevent Headaches. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches. When we do not drink enough water, the level of fluid in our brains can drop. This can lead to the brain shrinking and pulling away from the skull, causing a headache. Drinking plenty of water can help to prevent this from happening.
8. Water Helps to Keep Our Skin Healthy. Water is also important for keeping our skin healthy. Our skin is made up of cells, which need water to function properly. If we do not drink enough water, our skin can become dry, dull and wrinkled. Drinking plenty of water can help to keep our skin looking its best.
9. Water Helps to Keep Our Kidneys Healthy. Water is also important for keeping our kidneys healthy. Our kidneys filter our blood and remove waste products from our bodies. If we do not drink enough water, these waste products can build up and cause problems. Drinking plenty of water can help to keep our kidneys healthy and functioning properly.
10. Water Helps to Improve Our Mood. Many people believe that drinking water can help to improve our mood. This is because dehydration can lead to feelings of fatigue and irritability. Drinking plenty of water can help to combat these feelings and improve our mood. There are many good reasons to make sure you are drinking enough water every day. Water is essential for our bodies to function properly and staying hydrated can have a number of positive effects on our health.
When it comes to staying hydrated, there is no substitute for clean water. Not only does it have endless health benefits, but it is also essential for proper bodily function. Drinking clean water helps to flush out toxins, improve digestion, and promote healthy skin and hair. It is also a great way to replenish after a workout and keep your energy levels up throughout the day. According to the World Health Organization, as of 2015, 663 million people do not have access to clean water. So next time you reach for a drink, make it a glass of clean water and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
"Water is the driving force of all nature." - Leonardo da Vinci